Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 March 2019

Wet.

This afternoon I was back at Loxhore learning how to make stained glass decorations. We didn't have to cut any glass, thank goodness, just designed and then used a soldering iron to join everything together. It was interesting to learn the technique but I doubt if I'll take it up as a hobby. Still it was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon, chatting and doing my best to be neat. We had a delicious shared lunch to which I brought some Rocky Road that I made last night. Right now Storm Freya is blowing in with predicted winds of 80 mph tonight and tomorrow.
On our journey home our route took us through the town of Pembridge which has many Medieval houses. These are just a few photos that I took as we were driving. I noticed that even the new houses being built on the outskirts had to be built in the half-timbered style.




1 comment:

happyone said...

Your glass turned out very nice. Ken took a class quite a few years ago and made a few things.