Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 March 2019

Dry.

Another grey day, this time not so cold and with sufficient breeze to make it worth hanging out the washing. Followed later on by ironing.  
The wallflowers in the back garden seem to be a better mix than the ones in the front garden. I spent part of the afternoon doing some final pruning of the hydrangeas and buddleia. The grass was too wet to mow so for now it will remain long and filled with daisies. 
That's about it for today. While out in the garden my mind was busy working out which plants to take with us when we move. Although the front garden of the new house is terribly overgrown I can see how it once looked by 'walking along' with Google street view which must have been done a few years ago. I'm just wondering how well some of my plants, especially the hardy geraniums, will do when exposed to salt laden sea winds. I can see ordinary hydrangea bushes in the front garden so I'm thinking about buying some of the varieties that I saw at the garden centre that had some gorgeous colours. I better find out how hardy the new varieties are first.We've been told that the winters are quite mild so I'm hoping to add some more agapanthus to my remaining plants. I've just checked and the averages for December, January and February don't go below 3C/37.5F. That means I should be able to grow succulents outside as we saw on the Isles of Scily.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I should be getting my clothes line out back any day now!! :)