Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 March 2019

Stormy.

It's been a wild and stormy day so today's photos are from our trip to Wales.  Peter went into town for some shopping. He also met up with some builder friends and they confirmed that nowadays flat roofs can be easily replaced with fibreglass roofing (I wondered why people were asking us if we were going to put fibreglass roofs on), much more cheaply than putting on traditional tiled pitched roofs. Meanwhile I've been happily staring at my photos of the bungalow and thinking about creating a beautiful and practical home while still being careful with the budget. 
I pottered around at home and then altered the sports top that I bought the other day. I also, after advice from choir friends, found two Natural Voice choirs near Borth which means I can carry on singing after we move. Natural Voice choirs take everybody with no auditions or judgements. It's all about the enjoyment of singing together.
 Ewe and lambs near Tal-Y-Bont.
 A passing view of Raglan Castle (late medieval).
 Heading for the hills.
 Travelling along the Wye valley.
Blurry but the start of the hills/mountains which were carved out during the ice age. In the UK hills become mountains when their peaks are over 2,000 ft.

No comments: