Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 March 2019

Windy.

We had a lot of wind in the night blowing over wheelie bins, which carried on through the day and onto tonight. Sitting up in bed I can see out to the hills and judge the strength of the wind by the movement of the trees. This morning I could see the main branches of two big beech? trees moving in the wind and even some swaying of the main trunks. For me wild weather is a call to be outside but Peter doesn't share my views so I couldn't persuade him out for a walk by the sea. Too much danger of branches across the roads and it wouldn't be high tide anyway. He's far more sensible than I am. I did have a short walk round the streets to post a letter. I was quite surprised to see the magnolia trees on the corner still holding on to their flowers.
We did have some very heavy showers and I had to run out to the garden to get the blanket from Patch's box which I'd hung out to air. 
 Sun lighting up a silver birch.
In the afternoon I baked more of the usual chocolate and peanut cookies for Peter. After one of my exercise bike sessions I sat down with Patch on my lap and then couldn't bear to wake him up.  His days are numbered, we can see him getting less agile, and I'm prepared to give him extra cuddles if he wants them. Speedy had his turn later in the evening as we watched the finals of Dancing on Ice, always such a pleasure to see Torville and Dean on the ice. I took Speedy's cone off while he was on my lap and he had a major washing session. As long as I can keep him away from his feet they should stand a chance to heal up. Strange how he was fine for over a year and was able to scale the walls without any damage.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The magnolia tree is so pretty. We are having quite a bit of wind here too today, but at least the sun is out and it is NOT snowing!