Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 March 2019

Windy.

Another windy day, at one point the wind was whistling eerily across the front of the house. Yesterday's wind broke two of the front garden narcissi, a shame as there were only 12 flowering stems to start with. I brought them indoors then had to banish them to the dining room as I find their scent unpleasant. I kept wondering if the cats had done something. 
Out in the conservatory the sunflowers and nasturtiums have made an appearance. I know they are the easiest of seeds to germinate but it is nice to see progress. I also picked off the dead leaves from the trailing geraniums overwintering in the conservatory. Before bringing them in I had cut back the longest of the dangling stems, dipped them in rooting powder and then into the same pots as the parent plants. Some have taken and some haven't which is fine.
Yesterday a seed catalogue came from the company I bought the ornamental grass seeds from. Beautifully produced and certainly had me wanting to buy everything. In the middle of the antirrhinum page is the pink and  white variety which has kept going since I bought a couple of plants from the Chelsea Flower Show last day sale in 1977 or '78. 40+ years !
 Oh the temptation.
Speedy's feet seem to be healing and tonight I saw that he has worked out how to dunk the bottom of his cone into the water bowl to get a drink. Not so good that the cone has fabric stitched around the top. Speedy has spent a lot of time sitting in the conservatory and swishing his tail when he wasn't allowed out. This morning he somehow got out of the kitchen window which was barely open. I can only think that he reversed out of the gap. 






No comments: