Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 March 2019

Sea Mist.

We've had a sunny day cooled down by the north-westerly wind. From the morning the distant views were hazed over by the sea mist which slowly crept closer reaching us by about 6.00.
While Peter is in charge of researching the work that needs doing on the bungalow and finding trades people to give us quotes my jobs are to make a final sort out of our belongings and to come up with design ideas. This carved wood panel has been in 4 lofts over the last 30 years and it's time to let it go so I've put it up for sale for a nominal sum. I always thought that it was a headboard from a bed but somebody said it was more likely the top of a grand sideboard. Hopefully somebody will take it on as a project. I'm also going to give away one of the cat igloos. The cats hardly used them anyway and at the moment we're not thinking about getting any more cats.
I spent some time out in the garden finishing off cleaning between the paving slabs. It wasn't as warm as yesterday but I sat out with my book for a bit. Last year something, probably slugs, ate all the flowers on the established japonica. So far they haven't been touched and as hedgehogs can't get into the back garden I sprinkled some slug pellets around. 
Over the last week strange sounds have been emanating from Peter's study as he makes a start on learning Welsh. All I've done is to write down the different phonics; dd/hard th, f/v, ff/f, w/oo and the sounds which don't even occur in English; ll, rh and ch. Even if I don't make progress with learning Welsh I need to be able to pronounce place names correctly. So far all I can say is 'hello' but that varies depending on who you are saying it to and 'goodbye' plus my favourite (excuse the spelling but I know it from the radio) pop di ping which is a microwave, obviously. 

No comments: