Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 July 2020

Grey.

Another cold, grey day though apart from a brief spell later in the afternoon it has been dry.
I've had to take a rest day so I haven't done very much at all. One thing I did was to dig out a couple of earlier photobooks that had already been packed away. This was to confirm that the latest book doean't have the high gloss finish to the pages that I paid for. Off went another email to complain about this. It's been really poor service from this company but I'll wait a couple of days before filling in the review form they helpfully sent me.
Mr Crow and friend.
Peter installed our new doorbell today. This one comes with two speaker units and he's put the second one in the conservatory so that we can hear it when we're out in the garden. It gave Speedy a real shock when we tested it. Peter's also working on the front door lock which can be a bit clunky at times. Apparently it's due to poor fit and something catching especially when the pvc swells slightly in the hot weather. I've suggested putting a key for the conservatory on one of the keyrings so that if the door lock jams right up we can get into the house through the back. Mind you we'd have to go through our neighbours' house and climb over the wall first. 
Last night the govt. announced it's going to be mandatory to wear face coverings in shops in England from next week. I'm glad this is finally happening and I'm also glad I made us two each. One to wear and one to wash as they say. There are some really tempting fun designs for sale but that goes against my goal of recycling materials where possible. There's a fuss about enforcing the rule saying that the police have got other things to do but surely shopkeepers can simply refuse to serve anyone not wearing a covering and the supermakets all have security guards. Not to mention other members of the public.

No comments: