Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 July 2020

Wet.

It's been a grey day. Light drizzle began in the afternoon and now the windows are speckled with heavy drizzle. 
After yesterday's disappointment things have perked up today. Another viewing was booked for this afternoon and more people are coming to view tomorrow. Today's family were very nice, spent an hour and the signs were good. But you never know.
I had enough time to pop out to do the shopping before this afternoon's viewing but with a deadline to keep I had to resort to wearing a watch so I could keep an eye on the time. That made me realise how much I enjoy not having any time restrictions in my daily life. I prefer not to be rushing. Today is the last day before face coverings are mandatory for shopping and there were certainly a lot more people already wearing masks. It'll be interesting when everyone should be wearing one. 
After Lidl's I called in at Laura Ashley. The shop was looking sadly bare and while the last pieces of furniture were still far beyond my budget the furnishing fabrics were now reduced by 70%. That tempted me to buy the last 1.70m of the patterned fabric which was originally £36/m. and 2m of the velvety blueish fabric which was originally £26/m. The camera doesn't really pick up the blue colour properly but they go well with the other fabric and the blue cushions I bought reduced in Wilko's. I don't have a specific project for them yet but I suspect more cushion covers. That is once I've bought extra cushions. I'm even thinking about using any left-overs for patchwork. I still remember a designer friend of my mother's whose mother had sewn the most exqusite patchwork cushion covers for their very smart sofa.


1 comment:

happyone said...

One of these times the right person will come along!!! Hang in there!!