Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Sunny.

Lots of sun again today. The only clouds appeared just when I'd washed my hair and gone to sit out in the sun to dry it off. Not only that but I'd applied the juice of a lemon (I bought a net of six on special offer when I made the lemon cake.) for a bit of natural lightening. Fortunately the clouds cleared and my hair dried into crisp curls.
With such good weather it had to be a washing day followed by an ironing session. Wipng out the washing machine after the wash I saw that there was still mold on the door seal. No matter how much I scrub with bleach I can't seem to get rid of it. What it needs is a new seal. There are videos on-line showing how to fit a new seal but alarm bells rang when the expert said fitting the spring that holds the seal on 'could be fiddly'. Also for our model of machine you need to remove the top panel which of course means pulling the machine out from under the counter. I think I'll wait to get somebody in until we're in Borth when the machine will be in the utility room. I have looked and there are several places in Aberystwyth that do washing machine repairs. In the meantime I cut wide strips from a dust sheet which I stuffed into the fold of the rubber seal and also between the seal and the body of the machine. Then I poured/squirted bleach onto the fabric and left it soaking for the day. I'll run a hot wash later, not with the soapy detergent, and that is all I can do for the moment.
Yesterday's mowing and hoovering did not do my ribs much good so for the rest of the day I've just been sitting either out in the sun or indoors. That is apart from doing the ironing and washing the wheelie bin after the bin men had been. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

The roses are beautiful.