Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 July 2020

Grey.

We woke this morning to find the view hidden by mist. The day remained mainly grey with a few patches of blue in the late afternoon quickly followed by rain.
I've spent most of the day working on the cushion covers and have completed one. Before I could get to this point I first used an old dust sheet to make a trial cover to check for size. Then came the calculations to work out which bit of fabric to use, it turned out I could cut all four covers from the larger piece. After which came the cutting out on the sitting room floor and whizzing along the seams with the sewing machine this time on the floor of my study. Quickly followed by the realisation that working on the floor is not the best option with my back. Four poppers sewn on by hand and hey presto we have a cushion cover. I kept it not too tight to allow for shrinkage plus there's seam allowance that could be used if they shrink drastically. Incidentally though the colour looks very grey on the grey throw it really is duck egg blue.

No comments: