Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 July 2020

Sunny.

The overnight rain left the gardens sparkling in the morning sunshine. There were quite a few clouds to begin with but they gradually dispersed and right now (5.00pm) the sky is unbroken blue.
Our neighbouring families are making the best of the weather. Three families have spent the afternoon out on the grass with lively children enjoying a sprinkler and water slide as well as this paddling pool for the little ones while the parents sit in camp chairs and chat.
Today I've got on with sewing the remaining three cushion covers. I modified my design and rounded off the corners even more for a better fit. When it came to sewing on the poppers I was able to sit outside with Peter and enjoy the relative peace of the back gardens. While working on the floor I've made up my mind that I really need a large work table in my new study. What would be perfect would be the solid wood table 3ft x 5ft that came from my mother's house and is currently in the garage. However I shortened the legs and for years we used it as a generous coffee table. Not much use as a work table. But what if I could replace the legs? Better still if it would sit steadily on a pair of trestle legs when family come to stay it would be easy to take apart and pop in the garage. (My study will also be the guest room.) Brilliant idea. That is unless we decide to reinstate it as a coffee table in Borth but with the sitting room area being about the same as here I think it will be too big. 


No comments: