Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 July 2020

Sunny.

A sunny warm day today and the weather man is talking about hotter weather on its way.
For me it's been a day of small irritations and I've been trying hard not to get cross but to concentrate on the positive aspects instead. First off, it was such a lovely day I thought it would be a good opportunity to head to the beach for a stroll and some sea air. After all it's been five months since we went down to the sea. Peter though was not prepard to take the chance. I'm perfectly happy to head off for a local walk on my own but getting in the car to go somewhere makes it more of a 'trip' which is better with company.  However I thought I should change my habits and just go off on my own. That was until Peter showed me the live web cams down at the beach. Even though the people on the beach look to be spread out sensibly one look at all the cars in the car park made me change my mind. Too many people and not much chance of a space to park up on the road. I'll just have to be patient.
The next thing is the discovery that the freezer part of our fridge doesn't seem to be working efficiently. It was noisy this morning and now it's gone quiet and my ice-creams are going soft. That's one way to cut my ice-cream habit. On the radio they're saying that being overweight  is enough to decrease your chances of surviving covid. I knew that of course but like many people lockdown, and general ill health, has led to an increase in my weight. Best get back to my salad suppers and cut out the treats.
I had a letter to post so once again I took a circuitous route to the post box for some fresh air and new views. I went up to the gate leading to Manning's Pit but didn't think flip-flops were sensible footwear for the slippery path. I got home from my mini-walk to discover that the washing machine had been accidently switched off so there was still an hour before the washing was done. The position of the washing machine means that it's easy to lean against the 'pause' button when you're putting away the dishes.
Much excitement later on when the postman delivered my photobook only for dissapointment to kick in when I looked at the cover. There's a discoloured vertical line running down the right-hand side which to me is not acceptable in something that cost over £30. A check of the original photo I used confirmed it happened in production so photos and a complaint have been sent by email.
I was going to start on the cushion covers but ...... I found my container of press studs and they're too small. The local haberdashers closed down about six months ago, the charity shop I often find such items in is still shut and I didn't fancy going to the market to see if the haberdashery stall is there. Instead I've ordered some press studs from eBay so the cushions will have to wait a while longer. Final nuisance was our doorbell going off continously. Peter bought a 'better' doorbell that works through the electrical system so it's not a case of changing the batteries. I suppose we'll just have to put up a note telling people to knock. On the positive side; it's been sunny, we spoke to Romas last night and no new ailments are affecting either of us.
Last irritation is that my PC is running so slowly spellchecker isn't working.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I don't blame you. I wouldn't have gone with all the people there either! Seems like there are so many people every where now and the virus count is going up and up here.