Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 July 2020

Windy.

A lot more blue skies today along with a good drying wind. I hunted around for things to wash because you never know when the next good drying day will be.
I'm still taking things easy which today included finishing off altering my bra top. Then my thoughts turned to the cushion covers as the poppers arrived yesterday. I measured up the two pieces of fabric so that I could plan how to cut out the cushion covers efficiently. Having done that the thought struck me that as it's furnishing fabric I needed to factor in shrinkage. So into the washing machine went the fabric to give it a chance for an initial shrinking. Now that it's been washed and ironed my measurements show that it hasn't shrunk widthways but has lost about 1 1/2 inches per metre lengthways. The point of making removable cushion covers is to be able to wash them every now and again so I think I'll leave a bit of room and maybe some extra in the seam so that I can resew one seam if neccessary.
Peter and I sat outside for a while in the afternoon where it got very hot. (Officially 28C.) I'm reading Invisible Women which details, with refences to all the source studies/papers, how women have been ignored in many areas including science and health. It's the sort of book that has you reading out bits to anyone around. It's quite academic but I think it should be studied by everyone starting their university/college education.
While Peter took the camper back up to the farm I baked some cookies, peanut butter and chocolate chip ones this time. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like fall in the picture.
I got to walk right out on the deck and hang out my washing today!!! :)