Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 July 2020

Sunny at Times.

A mix of grey skies and bright sunshine today.
Peter had to go into town today so I grabbed a lift with him and then made my own way home. We parked by the river from where there were good views of the 'new' bridge (above) and the old Long Bridge (below). 
I think this will be my last trip to the High Street unless I have to go to the bank as I'm sure that the infection risk is going up with the influx of visitors. (Visitors is the local term for tourists.) Today I called in at Wilko's which has become my favourite shop to visit during the lockdown. They generally have some reductions and because their supply chain has problems you can see something one week and the next the shelf is empty. This adds an element of surprise as to what you will find in there. I had planned to buy two small rectangular cushions, perfect for supporting the lower back, that I saw last week but they've vanished. Instead I saw they had an offer on seat pads which were black, red or cream. I looked at them, thought the colours weren't quite right and walked on. Then I realised that I would be making removable covers anyway and as I expect we will be spending time sitting at the dining table looking out of the window at the view seat cushions would be very useful as our dining table chairs have wooden seats. I worked my way back to where I'd seen the cushions, decided on black and found only two black cushions left in the large display, had somebody bought the rest? Only then did I see there was another display box which was the one I'd been looking at first. I was faced with the problem of lugging around four cushions and later a red cabbage and carrots that Peter had asked me to buy but it was worth it. I also found some smaller bargains in Wilko's; pens, toothbrushes and a silver velvet covered notebook. I popped into Primark for a quick look and bought some t-shirts for Peter and a work out vest for me, black of course. I've already altered it by taking it in under the armpits. Buying the largest size has given me a loose top that's nice and long too.
When I got home I found Peter determined to cut the grass. He cut half of the communal grass as the council hasn't turned up to cut it as they should. Before I mowed our lawn I cut a wavy path through the long grass of the top corner. I thought the kids might find it fun even though there are tyre tracks from one of the neighbours having to reverse up onto the grass as he was blocked in on the hard stand. It was quite hard work cutting our little lawn as the hydrangeas are sprawling out over the grass and it would be a shame to damage the blooms.

No comments: