Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 July 2020

Grey.

It's been a grey day with a warmer wind. It often looked as if it was going to rain but never did and the sun made a valiant effort to break through the clouds later in the afternoon.
There wsn't too much tidying up to do in preparation for this afternoon's viewing. Mainly I went out and tidied up the plants in the front garden. The lavender pots needed a good trim and I regretfully cut down the passionflower that the slugs attacked. There's a slim chance that it might regrow from the base but so far it's not looking good. After producing a wonderful display of pink and blue blooms the hydrangea is begining lose its colour so I began cutting that back too. While I worked I chatted to my neighbour who was out tidying up her front garden. 
Today's viewers turned up on time and it was (I think) another good viewing). The chap and his BIL lived in the next road so they knew the area well. He's looking to buy a house to rent to his sister  who works in the local school and currently lives on the other side of town. Checking on-line this afternoon this is only house in this price range in this area. I did get a nasty surprise when I saw a house in the road opposite for the same price but then I saw that it only has two bedrooms. Phew. There is one house in the next road but it's a four bed house and £30K more.  It's always better when there isn't much competition. 

No comments: