Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 July 2020

Grey.

For most of the day it's been dark and grey with occasional spells of rain. Just now the sun broke through for a brief moment but that was it.
I've had a quiet day playing the piano, doing some admin and a bit of sewing. Repairing a pair of joggers (Peter's) and putting elastic in one of my tops. I also made myself some dulce de leche. I'd not tried it before but it looked like something I'd like. Very easy to make and definitely yum. The only ingredient was a tin of condensed milk and as I opened that with a tin opener I realised that it's been a very long time since I've needed to use a tin opener. The only tins we buy are chopped tomatoes which Peter uses in his culinary exploits and cat food tins which have a ring pull opener. Along with most of the country the lockdown has led to a bit lots of weight gain which on my part has been due cheering myself up when feeling ill and distraction when waiting for the next dose of pain killers. I'm not quite ready to go back to dieting so it's not helpful when our Prime Minister who is overweight himself launches a campaign against overweight and obese people. Yes, it's another risk factor for covid and there are all the other health implications but I can't help feeling this is another distraction to stop the questions about the govt's mishandling of the whole covid crisis. In the meantime I'm looking forward to some dulce de leche on a slice of vanilla cheesecake. Tomorrow I'll try it with low fat plain yoghurt, kind of a healthier version (maybe).
I indulged looking in through my Borth photos and in some garden planning playing around with Paint to show the raised bed I'd like to put under the terrace. Instead of the existing steps the path will be a gentle slope leading down to the main garden level. The latest from the builder is that he's taken down the front door porch. The rebuild for that will be after we move up there. 

The rose bush has nearly finished flowering so this is probably the last of the close ups of the sweetly scented booms.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

I've actually lost a few pounds. We haven't eaten out at all this whole time, not even take away. So I think I've lost the pounds because we're eating better! :)