Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Grey.

Although it's still grey it's been a bit brighter today with no sign of any rain.
I had a couple of bills to pay at the bank  this morning. Instead of walking I drove down and then carried on over the bridge to do some general shopping. The High Street was very busy and more people were wearing masks. It'll be interesting to see the difference once mandatory wearing in shops starts. Will people keep their masks on for the whole of their shopping trip or will they take them off the minute they step outside each shop? 

Most of the charity shops are still closed but I called in at the two that were open. One, which is quite small inside, had rearranged the furniture so that all the goods were behind a counter blocking off the shop. I'm not too sure how you are supposed to look at anything that way. I had gone in to ask if a desk lamp in the window was a touch-lamp but it wasn't. I think touch-lamps are so much better than something with a switch. We had two on our bedside tables but Peter's one stopped working. I've also got one by my PC but it's very old/dated, has no shade and was given to me by somebody at the end of a car boot sale. The other bigger charity shop had reduced the amount of goods on display and instituted a one-way system. Didin't find anything in there either. Along with the supermaket shopping I called in again at Laura Ashley where I picked up a tester pot of Pale Duck Egg Blue paint for 90p instead of £4 which could be useful for finishing touches in the kitchen/dining room and this metal curtain rail bracket thingy for £1. It could be handy as a middle support if I use a copper pipe as a curtain pole or for hanging clothes.
With the feeling that the infection risk has now greatly increased I'm upping the precautions after being out amongst the masses. All my clothes are whizzing around in the washing machine and I've had a shower so hopefully any viruses are off down the drain.
While I was out I noticed that the car had been 'decorated' copiously by - seagulls? which prompted me to give the car a wash with some soapy water. I'm not bothered about having a bright and shiny car but bird poop is too much. Once that had been cleaned off I went over the rest of the car including removing the green stuff growing above the back door. I wasn't going to bother rinsing off the soapy water, hoping for some rain to do that for me, but I finished with a big flourish and threw the remaining water over the roof. Not such a good idea as the water contained quite a few bits which I had to wipe off as best as I could. Maybe I will fill up the bucket and go and give the car a rinse even though it's down at the garage and not by the grass where I'd been unloading the shopping. 
PS I did go and finish cleaning the car. In a place where almost every car is wiped and polished to gleaming showroom standard we must make the neighbours shake their heads over our scruffy car.


1 comment:

lea said...

Masks are mandatory in my state, have been for awhile. We are doing better than some of those other places. One of our grocery stores has one-way aisles, it never seems to be going the right way from where I'm at.

I'm not really particular about my car, I looked at it today and thought "wow, it's really dusty", but I didn't do anything about it.