Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 July 2020

Sunny.

Blue skies, fluffy clouds and a strong north-westerly wind today. Great drying weather so I got one load washed, ironed and put away by the end of the afternoon.
No phone calls today which made for a peaceful day. Once the sun comes out everything seems so much nicer. This morning I stood in the kitchen bathed in the warm sun coming through the windows listening to the cooing of a wood pigeon and watching a butterfly fluttering around. Okay it was a large white looking to lay eggs on the nasturtiums but I don't really mind. I haven't seen many butterflies yet this year even though the buddelias are flowering. Later I heard a strange cry and saw a sparrowhawk flying overhead. 
With the strong winds the temperature flipped rapidly from burning to cool and back again which didn't put me off sitting outside reading my Kindle. For once the town sounds were subdued by the roar of the wind in the trees. Peter joined me for a while to read and chat. It was funny to see that he dressed for the cold spells while I dressed for the heat so both of us were right for half the time.
Peter was down to his last cookie so I baked another batch of peanut and chcolate chunk cookies. (Note the gap where I tested one.) I should have done them yesterday and filled the house with the smell of baking.  
I left last year's begonias in the window box outside the sitting room window to see what would happen and they have regrown. That includes the trailing orange one in the top photo.

No comments: