Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 July 2020

Warmer.

It feels like the weather is warming up once more. The wind is comfortably mild and there's more and more blue appearing in the sky.
I've decided to try resting up properly and give my ribs a chance to sort themselves out. Might as well do this now rather than once we get to Wales. My problem is that as soon as things stop aching I'm off being busy getting on with stuff. So I'm going to focus on things that don't require bending and stretching such as sewing projects and admin. Today I've done a bit of both inbetween or while watching TV, mainly Grand Designs. While admiring some of the projects thankfully there haven't been any wildly expensive ideas that I'm desparate to emulate. 
While I hid away in the bedroom (no cats allowed) the air was filled with the happy sound of chatting and children playing out on the grass as our neighbours had friends around. 
This could be my mood board for the kitchen and dinning room; mainly white - walls and units, wood - floor,  furniture and worktops and a touch of misty duck egg blue - splashback, cushions and tablecloth. I've even got a LOTR banner that's the same blue with a white pattern, (Arwen's flag.)
Peter went up to the farm to collect the camper to deliver it to our local garage for its MOT. We've already heard it's ready to be collected and there was very little work needed. It's going to be hard to find a garage we trust like Alec.
On the news they're already talking about how we're going to deal with covid in the winter as apparently the best conditions are fresh air, either open windows or being outside, and vitamin D. Suits me with my preferences to be outside whatever the weather and fresh air blowing through open windows. Ha, they're even questioning the safety of passive homes with sealed windows.
As I thought the agapanthus is white. The gardens in the Isles of Scilly had wonderful clumps of both blue and white agapanthus. I'd love to grow some of the other colours too, I've seen very dark purple, pink, maybe, and bicoloured flowers yes! If I grow them in the back garden they'll be sheltered from the wind. Tempting as it is I'm not planning on growing food crops apart from baby leaves for salads and herbs.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm like you in that it is hard to sit around waiting to heal!!
All my windows are open. Love to feel the breeze blowing through the house!