Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 24 August 2020

Chilly.

The day has lived up to the forecast for scattered showers and in general it has been quite cool. I've finally had to resort to putting on a fleece to counter the breeze coming through the open window. I suppose I could shut the window instead but I like that connection with the outside world.
Earlier I went down to the garage to fetch a tub of network wall sockets which I'd offered on the recycle site. A chap was supposed to collect them this afternoon but annoyingly he's been a no show. That can be a problem with this group though the admin team keep asking people to have the courtesy to let people know if they can't collect or change their minds. While I was in the garage I photographed a couple more things including these glass and ceramic door finger plates. Maybe somebody will want them.
Speedy's sitting on my piano stool waiting for me to go down and feed him. Since his bucket came off and I got the feathered toy he's livened up and even chases his own tail at times. 
As well as the usual housework I did some packing, emptying one cupboard into boxes. After the chaos of the last move this time I plan to be very organised. I wrote on the boxes last time but the removal men didn't take much notice. Peter didn't know where things should go and I was still clearing up at Dingles. This time I'm putting a labelled sticker on each box because I really need to avoid having to shift things around. That was what set off all my heart issues last time. However there's yet another problem at Red Roofs. The builder is now going to board off the end of the corridor closing off the back end of the bungalow before removing the flat roof over the utility, toilet and my study. Very sensible to keep the mess out of the rest of the place but ..... If the work isn't done/finished by the time we move then all the furniture and boxes that were going to be put in the utility and my study will have to be stored elsewhere. Probably our bedroom and Peter's study and maybe everywhere else. I foresee even more chaos. Ho hum.
Yesterday evening I had a phone call from Vytas and we had a really nice long chat which made my day.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like you've got things under control with the packing. Hope all continues to go well.