Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 August 2020

Warm.

The day began with light but steady rain. Fortunately by the time I went out to do the shopping the rain had cleared up and it felt remarkably warm.
I paid a final visit to Laura Ashley which closes in three days' time. Even with a further 30% off I didn't see anything in the depleted stock that I wanted.  
In Tesco's I bought a pasta bowl to match the mugs I bought a while back. We've got enough bowls to eat from but I thought one green bowl would be nice for fruit or biscuits etc. I also bought myself this fluffy hoody. How could I resist even if I do have similar (but not the same) tops? 
My final stop was at B&Q where I bought the wall tiles for the toilet in Red Roofs. They're just large plain glazed white tiles, 60 cms x 30cms which I'd seen on-line at half the original price. The packs are heavy and I had to ask for help loading them onto a flat bed trolley and also to put them in the car. However the first assistant left me to push the trolley through the store which was incredibly difficult. I had also planned to buy this spotlight strip for the kitchen. Nice and bright and the spherical bulbs sort of fit with the big spherical paper lanterns I'll have on all the central pendant lights. However when I looked at the details of the light it said that the bulbs were 'integrated'. Suspicious that it meant that you couldn't replace a faulty bulb I went and checked with a store assistant. I was right, once a bulb failed that was the end of the light. There was a five year guarantee but even so. So no, we won't be having a light with integrated bulbs. There was another spotlight that I liked with replaceable bulbs but they were only 40W so I need to confer with Peter before I buy.
Once I got home Peter helped unload the shopping and then put the white tiles in our garage before taking the car down to the garage. When the car was in for its MOT last week there was an advisory note to replace some rubber bits. Usually they phone and we get the work done straight away but they didn't this time. Best to get the work done at a garage we know and trust rather than have to look around once we get to Borth. The work is being done now and Peter will pick the car up tomorrow. 
Up till I've seen very few butterflies, just one at a time on the buddleia but today there were almost half a dozen along with some giant bumble bees. Last night as I gazed through the window I watched a small bat taking advantage of the moths and other insects attracted by the light of the street light at the bottom of the garden.
The case of the unclaimed wheelie bin is about to come to a close. It turns out that my neighbour was the person who moved the bin into the line on Monday. She's phoned the council to take it away but in the meantime put some of her rubbish in it to be collected. (They have a lot of extra rubbish in their house.)

No comments: