Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 August 2020

Hot.

Very odd weather! Last night we could see a dark grey, black at the base fog bank rolling in from Bideford and stretching along the coastline. It looked like something from a disaster movie and it wouldn't have surprised us to see flashes of lightning in it. (We didn't.) It eventually arrived here and helpfully kept the temperature down overnight. In the south-east of the country and London specifically the nighttime temperature was an uncomfortable 26C/79F. 
This morning the fog was still around though the bulk of it had retreated back beyond Fremmington. The day stayed mild and grey until the afternoon when the fog burnt off and the temperature shot back up again.
It was lovely and quiet outside when we spent the later part of the afternoon sitting outside. We were packing up to return back indoors when I noticed Speedy outside Peter's window. With both the door and window open he was making another bid for freedom. Luckily it was nearly feeding time so a call and a tap on his food bowl had Speedy jumping down on to the conservatory roof. From there I was able to lift him down and return him back to the house. Once he's got used to the new house he'll be free to go outside. There's plenty for him to explore and I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that he keeps away from the road as I've noticed some of the cars going quite fast along there.  
Yesterday with two lots of hair washing I managed to lose one of the gold sleeper earrings I've been wearing to keep my earring holes open. I'm not surprised it fell out as this particular one has been prone to opening on its own. There's no particular value to the earrings, just a sentimental one as these were the sleepers my ears were pierced with at the grand old age of 20. I waited until I was married as I didn't think my mother would have approved. I haven't been away from the house so it must be somewhere around. Maybe it will turn up when I'm packing.

No comments: