Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 August 2020

Phew!

While the air may have been fractionally cooler than yesterday there didn't seem to be much breeze  today and the overall effect was humid and ennervating. After yesterday's walk to town I wasn't able to do much at all today. Even my afternoon of kitchen design got no further than collecting up brochures, measurements and my note book before I zoned out with my feet up and Grand Designs on tv.
The met office issued another amber alert for thunderstorms maybe even with hail running through to next Monday but for us the morning was hot and sunny. The thunderstorms didn't arrive until after the recycling lorry had been and I'd washed out our recycling bins which was a bonus. The thunderstorm brought heavy rain with lots of thunder though the lightning was to the east of us so I missed that spectacle. Other parts of the country have been affected more seriously. You can read about that here. It's raining very heavily again and I'm soooooo glad not to be out at Dingles.
Saw this pair of jackdaws earlier in the day when it was a lot more hazy. Last night I could hear a female tawny owl making its shrill squawk (the males hoot). It's nice to hear countryside sounds as well as the town traffic and emergency vehicles.

No comments: