Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 August 2020

Sunny.

A lovely sunny day today with a hint of autumn crispness.
Perfect weather for everyone enjoying the last Bank Holiday weekend before the children go back to school. An even more significant event this year as many children have not been at school since the lockdown began at the end of March. While the children don't seem to be at a significant risk I wonder how much transmission there'll be from one family to another through the increased amount of contact.
With no plans to go out (Peter avoided holidaymakers even before covid.) I got some washing in the machine, dried and later ironed. I also cut the front lawn. It's been in serious need of cutting and today has been the first time the grass has dried out sufficiently to mow. I left the communal grass as it would be too much for my back. Also it's disheartening to cut the grass and then have people drive their cars over it. Later we sat out in the back garden enjoying the heat of the sun. The swallows are still here but no doubt they'll soon be off to Africa for a warmer winter. 

No comments: