Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 August 2020

Windy.

A bright and windy day today.  
I did wonder if I was making a mistake as I hung washing on the line under the blackest of clouds. I made sure to keep checking but eventually the dark clouds blew away and the washing dried nicely. Later I spotted this tattered small tortoiseshell butterfly sunning itself on the back garden wall.
Full of packing zeal I brought another of the 'large' boxes up to my study to pack. It was only after I'd taped the bottom of the box that I realised I should have used a 'small' box as some of the remaining items in my study are quite heavy. That had me bringing in stuff from our bedroom wardrobe to fill the box. As in our last move the contents of every box are itemised in my trusty notebook to avoid long searches before we get to the point where everything is unpacked. 
I had another session of kitchen planning using the brochure from Wickes. Although the brochure is the size of a small book its not very useful. Lots of glossy pages - the first 120 pages show pretty pictures of the ranges with no prices and more annoyingly very few technical details. Only one double page showing 'key unit dimensions' with the caveat that not all units are available in all ranges. That's helpful. Even less informative are the pages showing the extras. For example the 'ovens' page explains the 4 different types of cooking but no details of any ovens. B&Q might be poorer quality but at least I can get my head around the brochure and work out my design. Yes, I know it's because they want customers use the design service and be pushed into spending a lot more than they intended. Choosing a new kitchen is supposed to be fun not a trial.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a pretty butterfly. No chance for hanging out the wash here today.