Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 August 2020

Mixed Weather.

Another day of sunshine and cloud with some rain in the morning. I sat outside in the afternoon and the hot spells made up for the cool of the clouds.
To satisfy my need to do something constructive each day I finally took some letters round to the post box. A couple were letters for the previous home owners from the tax office. The irritation to still be getting their mail is somewhat mitigated by the satisfaction of writing 'Return to Sender' and 'Not at this address since 2017' in big letters across such envelopes. When I got home I hoovered the downstairs. Now that we don't have to be on the alert for viewings at short notice there isn't the need to keep the place spotless but it still needs to be kept clean and I had noticed Speedy looking a bit dusty.
When I first glanced at the new agapanthus flower I thought there was a snail on it but then I realised it was the dried flower bud covering.  Phew. Looking at all the wonderful wildflowers when we were walking along the coast inspired me to see if I could grow some in the garden in Borth. It's possible to buy thrift seeds, both the standard pink wild ones and a garden mix with a range of white, pink and red varieties. Now to research some of the other wildflowers.
I've been keeping a close eye on Speedy's foot which has been looking better. Today I took his cone off while I could keep a check on him. Not only has he not been licking at the foot excessively but so far there doesn't seem to be any damage to the skin. He had a great time attacking a length of elastic, jumping up and generally being a fierce hunter. I'll put the cone back on overnight just to be on the safe side.

No comments: