Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 August 2020

Cooler.

A fair amount of blue skies today with occasional showers. It's also been a lot cooler and thankfully less humid.
I've been tidying up my paperwork, sorting through those not too large piles of random papers floating around my study. It would be even easier if I filed papers away each day but nobody's perfect. After that I spent the day thinking about the new kitchen. A fun task especially as Peter passed on the latest photos from the builder.
Look at those amazing clean lines and gleaming walls. Not to mention the new flooring. It's only a modest sized kitchen area though about average by UK standards. It'll be quite big enough for two old folk without a passion for cooking or regular family visits. That said the dining area is big enough for 6 or 8 around the table.
Below is the kitchen as I last saw it ('scuse the mess) nearly a year ago. The big window and the door next to it, which is now all glass, look out over the sea. There's no way anyone is going to sit at a breakfast bar with their back to that view which is why we're not having a breakfast bar.
Another view showing the extended opening to the sitting room. Where the brown units are will be a floor to ceiling larder cupboard. I've chosen units that are just 30cms deep (like top units) because stuff just gets lost in the deeper cupboards. My other design point is to have the units in the kitchen, maybe topped by a board, go right up to the ceiling. I've found that having a space above the cupboards just makes one more place to trap dirt and I've no wish to be climbing up the stepladder to keep it clean. 
Can't wait for the next lot of photos.

No comments: