Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 August 2020

Sunny.

A mostly bright and sunny day.
Tempting as it was to sit outside I spent the afternoon packing boxes in my study. Just sitting at my PC with the warmth of the sun on my shoulder with the view of of fluffy clouds in a blue sky is enough to put me in a good mood. Partly due to covid and because we're just waiting to start our lives in Wales I've felt disassociated from  life here. Getting on with the packing, albeit slowly gives a feeling of working towards our goal. I'm not looking forward to dealing with things in the garage. Because of the leaking roof it got a bit damp in there. Nothing dramatic but I'm going to have to repack the cardboard boxes with DIY stuff in as I think the boxes may well fall apart or at least have the tape come away when they're lifted up. 
Something I did do today was to check out customer complaints for Wickes fitted kitchens. And oh dear they weren't good. Too many reports of poor customer service. I had hoped that they would be a reliable place to get our new kitchen from. My next move is to go to the library and read the fitted kitchen reviews in Which magazine. That will be a more reliable source of information than on-line where you can't even be sure if the reviews are honest.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like unpacking at the new place so much better that packing it all up to move!!