Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 August 2020

Hot.

Another extremely hot afternoon and evening. At 6.00 this morning the fog was swirling around the houses.
By 9.00 holes were beginning to appear in the fog though it didn't really clear until into the afternoon. When we sat outside the thermometer went up to 102F/39C. and every little breeze was much appreciated.

I had an enjoyable session coming up with the colour scheme for the separate toilet in Red Roofs. It's a tall, thin room just big enough for a toilet and sink both yellow, and tiled up to the ceiling with yellow tiles. I didn't want to go with the current trend of beige 'marble' tiles. Instead after much trawling through 'images' I decided on a patterned floor tile and out of three options we chose the above tile from a big supplier which is not that expensive. (We're not forced to chose the cheapest option but I get a kick out of getting the best value.) The photo below shows the design concept I'm going with. Patterned tiles on the floor, large white tiles halfway up the walls and pale blue paint above. The wall tiles will be rectangular but very large. Neither of us like the subway tiles so prevalent these days as we are old enough to remember the original use of those tiles in smelly, below ground public toilets. Not a good association. Sudden thought, maybe the utility room which is next to the toilet should follow the same scheme?
This plant below has appeared in the gap between our garden wall and our neighbour's fence. I think it might be a Japanese Anemone as I can't find anything in my wild flower book that matches. I guess I'll just have to wait until the flower bud opens.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow that is HOT.
I like the flooring you picked!