Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 August 2020

Hot.

As promised the heatwave has arrived with a hot wind blowing up from the Sahara. So much so that the Met Office declared an amber warning for heat from 12.00 today continuing on for the next few days. Right now it's clouded over making the temperature more comfortable.
This was Woolacombe beach at  mid-day today. Not my idea of a fun day on the beach though compared to city life I guess it's okay. 
I found a few things to go in the washing machine to take advantage of the good weather. I then used the last of the lemons for a little natural sun-assisted hair lightning. I've no idea if it works but now that I'm seriously dieting what else am I going to do with the lemon? Can't exactly bake a cake or even make pancakes. Later we both made sure to apply sunscreen before sitting outside though having a mixture of sweat and sunscreen drip into your eyes isn't fun. My thermometer showed 95.5F / 35C as we melted away listening to the neighbours' radio. It wasn't that loud and made all the more bearable by the knowledge that it won't be for much longer.
First thing this morning we filled in the forms for the solicitors, checked them over and then Peter took them to the solicitors. Now we wait. 
Agapanthus Twister.

No comments: