Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 15 August 2020

Wet.

It's been a day of white skies and plenty of rain. It was raining heavily while we were having our morning cuppa when I became aware of a dripping sound. I wasn't sure at first because we also hear sounds from our neighbours through the walls. Nothing too loud, just muffled sounds of cupboards being closed or walking upstairs (we think) and occasionally the tv or voices. All the things you'd expect living in a terraced house. Anyway this was a definite dripping coming from above so up I went into the loft to investigate. There was a single drip coming down where the roof flashing had let water in before. It sounded loud because I've got a couple of plastic storage boxes strategically placed and the water was plopping into one of those.There was only a small amount of water in the box, maybe half a cup and Peter will get in touch with the guys who did the repair before.
The rest of my day has been spent on kitchen design. The basic cabinet layout is now all sorted and drawn up. When we decide to buy I'll get the store's 'design consultant' to look at my drawings to make sure I haven't made any fundamental mistakes. Then I'll review everything once we're in Borth. 
It would have been fun if I'd chosen these handles from B&Q as the style is called Ruta. But no, they're not to my taste. I'm think some kind of long bar that's comfortable for Peter to use with his swollen joints.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We've had one of those rainy days too.
I remember designing our kitchen. So many decisions, but fun.