Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 August 2020

Sun and Showers.

Much more in the way of showers than sun today and a lot cooler. Right now it's raining once more and I'm sure I heard some thunder.
During a dry spell I did some cutting back of the tall buddleia in the front garden. I try not to cut off any branches that still have flowers though there have been few butterflies this year. Later I had a bit of fun photographing a couple of buff tailed bumble bees in the nepeta.
I've been sewing again. This time I was altering a dressing gown I bought at Tesco's. I decided that after many years of cosiness drinking morning cuppas it was time to retire my shorter fluffy dressing gown that I wear when sitting in bed. That sounds suspiciously like that item of clothing from history, a bed jacket. (Oh my goodness, I'm turning into an old person.) The Tesco's dressing gown was a good replacement but too long. So I chopped off a strip and re-hemmed it by hand. I did think about using the sewing machine but was concerned about the thick fluffy fabric fitting under the foot. Even hand sewing had to be done slowly pulling the needle through to the back and then again to the front. 
I also packed another box in my study. I'm going to need at least one more box for all the loose stuff around my desk and in the cupboard. Oh well, bit by bit. Peter's been putting pressure on the builder to get those roofs done though after all those weeks of hot dry weather they now have to wait for a break in the weather. 

No comments: