Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 November 2021

Brain Mush.

No rain today but with low clouds inland the air was too damp to make it worth hanging out any washing.
Straight after breakfast we put up the long mirror in the front hall. It should have been a simple job but things got more complicated when somebody drilled the holes in the wall with too large a drill bit and the rawlplugs fell out. Larger screws and rawlplugs sorted out that difficulty but the wall was worryingly soft to drill into at least down at the bottom. That wall was the external wall of the original house so possibly it doesn't have a damp course. If that does turn out to be the case and we start having problems with damp it would just be a matter of injecting a new damp course.
And then it was time to prepare for our Zoom class. By the end of the class my brain had turned to mush trying to use all the variations of I do/don't, You (familiar)do/don't, You (formal) do/don't and We do/ don't. Not to mention the doorbell ringing just as we went into breakout rooms but fortunately I was partnered with Pete and he could hear me rushing to the front door.
For relaxation after the class I went out into the back garden to do some clearing away at the base of the tree trunk. I moved all the blocks and rubble and dug away more of the soil. A little more to go and it will be clear if that chap comes to chainsaw down the trunk.
Sunset this evening.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful sunset. I don't think my brain could learn another language. I have enough trouble with English! :)