Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 November 2021

On-line Shopping.

We had fairly wild seas all day amd although it was overcast for most of the day the cloud layer must have been quite thin as it didn't feel too gloomy.
My ribs kept me awake last night so I planned a quiet day. After the usual washing up I spent a long time cleaning my waterpik. It was easy to undo the screws and take off the cover so I could get into every nook and cranny and clean the whole thing thoroughly. There were more easily accesible screws but unless the waterpik develops a problem I shall resist taking it apart.
Now that the trellis is up Peter is back working on sorting out the garage. Today he put up a shelf (too high and wide and not enough supports in my view but I shan't say anything) and took out all the tools stored in our bedroom, hooray! That left us with an area of bare floorboards with the gaps letting the air that flows under the house up into the bedroom. For the time being I've laid down one of my stash of old wool blankets. I hadn't planned to organise the carpet until all the clothes storage boxes stacked against the wall go on shelves built in the in the shower but the bathroom has to be done first. I took some small plastic storage boxes off the window sill and oh dear, there was dust and mould all along the whole length. A liberal application of bleach spray and more cleaning followed before I moved on to the other window sill which wasn't in such a bad state but still needed a wipe.
Then I thought I'd hang one of my Middle Earth maps over the digital piano. I unwrapped the map, measured up and marked the wall and got the pictures hooks. Two bent pins and one bashed thumb later and I worked out that you can't hammer picture nails into a concrete block wall, plasterboard or plaster over bricks yes but plaster over blocks no. I didn't have the energy to drill a hole for a plug and screw so all I have for my efforts is a blood blister and tiny patch of fallen off plaster.
Then I turned to some on-line shopping. I found and ordered the dish drainer and then carried on hunting for a present I had in mind for somebody. There were various versions of this item but I decided to splash out on the more expensive one as it was the best version. I was about to order it and had to gulp when there was a very large postage charge but I changed my mind when I saw that it might not arrive until 27th December. No good for a present that. Only then did I see that with tax the price just about doubled. Who are they trying to con? Ordered a much cheaper option from a different seller instead.

I've been having terrible trouble uploading the photos from my camera which I'm sure is a connection issue with the cable I bought not so long ago. It never felt as if it fitted properly and now there's the constant pinging of the connection being broken. I have to jiggle the connector and hold it in place to have any chance of keeping the connection. I tried to order a cable from Nikon to ensure a good fit but they're out of stock so I had to order one from eBay that is supposed to be specific for a P90. Hopefully that will be better until the Nikon cables are back in stock.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I just love my water pic - makes a big difference going to the dentist for a cleaning!!
We do quite a lot of shopping on line lately.