Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 November 2021

Misty.

Grey all day today. Not too cold but the sea mist kept everything wet.
The mist had just begun to roll in when I popped down the road before breakfast to get some milk. No beach walk as breakfast was calling but I still get immense pleasure from the fact that a walk to the shop means a stroll along the cliff with the sea by my side.
After breakfast I was cutting Peter's hair when we saw the two dolphins again. I watched one swimming in circles as it fished on the other side of the long breakwater aka the camel's humps.
Neither of us was up to much today but we Peter drilled a hole in my study wall and put a screw in to hang a Middle Earth map from after which he helped me put up a Flag of Rohan in the hall. We were going to drill and put up proper hooks but tapping on the wall revealed that it was hollow, probably plasterboard on a wooden frame. As the flag is very light I used picture hooks nailed straight into the wall. I will get a piece of dowel to replace the too rustic garden cane. I plan to hang a long Rohan banner next to the flag once we've put the mirror up in the front hall and may even put the sword up too. That section of hall is turning into a mini Meduseld, sort of.
Now that he's exercising regularly Peter is eating more home baked cake and biscuits (and losing weight, grrr) so in the afternoon I made some apricot and sultana flapjacks. They're still cooling in the fridge so I don't know how well they stay together as I used the inferior supermarket gplden syrup. If they don't fall apart I'll be cutting them quite small as they have so much butter and sugar in them.
I spent some of the afternoon looking on-line at cube storage, the sort you can get at Ikea. My plan was to put some in the sitting room alcove so we could put the record player on top and our LP collection in the cubes. Unfortunately the alcove is a little too narrow for four cubes across so I was going to settle for three across and two high. That is until I thought to check if LPs would fit and unfortunately they're too big, only by 1.5cms but that was the end of that plan. It will have to be proper built in shelves instead.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Seems so much easier for men to lose weight!!