Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 November 2021

Zoo Day.

Bright and sunny today with just a couple of showers towards the evening.
It was much quieter today at the zoo with only two visitors while I was there. 
Most of my time was spent going over this patch of gravel removing weeds and fallen leaves, twigs and pine needles. Working surrounded by animals (even though less than before) had me recalling memories of past times when I worked with animals; looking after horses, teaching disabled children to ride, helping on a city farm and occasionally helping at our neighbours' stables. With lots of happy memories running through my mind the morning flew by and for once I got the whole area done. I finished off by weeding a couple of flower beds and some of the gravel by the entrance where cafe's outdoor tables are.
I got home ready to help Peter put up the last half panel only to find he had already done it.

Considering the number of changes we had to make I'm pleased how it all has turned out and that we have used all the panels I bought with very little left over. 
I was going to do some tidying up when it started to rain.
And suddenly there was a gorgeous double rainbow which ended in the sea at the end of the garden.
I was so impressed that I stood out in the rain to get a better angle from the road.
Made another tassel and after it stopped raining I went out and cut a lot of hydrangea heads which I then dropped off at a neighbour's house. She had put out a request for flowers and foliage to use in Christmas craft sessions for older people at the Family Centre. No shortage of hydrangeas in this garden. I also included some tiny cones that I collected at the zoo.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm amazed at all the rainbows you see!!