Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 November 2021

Gloomy.

Low levels of light today making it feel quite gloomy especially as it felt like it might rain at any moment even though it didn't.
I spent the morning keeping up to date with my admin and working on my Welsh. The pace has picked up a bit and the sentences are getting longer. We can now ask and reply to some simple questions though it wouldn't make a very interesting conversation. As ever the pronunciation is the tricky bit and then a few of us have to take on board the mid-Wales version. I had one incident when having been put in a small group to practise I made the mistake of attempting to scroll down which promptly put me on another page. My fellow group members could see and hear me but I could only hear them. We worked around it but I shan't try that again.
With it being so very gloomy outside I planned to make a start on my Christmas cards but I spent too long on-line looking for a specific dish drainer. It's hard to find and expensive especially with postage but I think I've found the best offer if I can bear to spend that much. Mind you there are similar but nicer (maybe) versions that cost £65, gulp. For that price I'd expect it to wash the dishes too. 
I did start making notes for my Christmas letter checking when things happened and then it was time to blog.
While I missed a brief but amazing sunset yesterday (there were photos on FB) today there was just an interesting red streak across the sky.





 

No comments: