Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 November 2021

Mainly Grey.

Mostly grey today with one brief sunny spell.
The builder came round this morning to look at the loft. We need to have some ventilation grilles put in front and back and on the sides too to give a decent air flow. The original grilles were probably covered over when the first extension (kitchen and dinning room) was built at the side of the original bungalow. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before the builder comes to do that.
Once the builder left taking with him a large tarpaulin left by his lads and taking up space in the garage, I did my housework and then went out to work on the trellis remnant or rather the assorted pieces lying in a pile. I've now got it securely fixed in a rectangular frame. That took a combination of nails, screws and some salvaged battens. One bit left to do and then we can screw it to the wall.
I intended to head out for a beach walk but changed my mind when the one patch of blue disapeared over the mountains. Instead I made two more tassels and then popped out to tie-in any of the climbers that had grown away from the trellis. I also had to go round with an insecticide spray as something is eating small holes in many of my plants. 
Our Welsh homework for this week is to learn the days of the week. (dydd - deeth) As I looked at the list I realised that most of the names are very similar to French which makes it easier. Not that I speak French but something must have sunk in from all those school lessons and a summer as an au pair. (That triggered a lecture from Pete about the Celtic origins of the French.)
 

No comments: