Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 November 2021

Sunny.

A sunny start to the day had me hanging out washing after breakfast. 
In the morning we or rather Peter, put up the fittings and curtain pole in the hall. Unfortunately the pole, which had been kept in the garage had developed a little bend which together with the length has resulted in a bit of a sag in the middle. While the 'pooled' look of the curtains might look nice it's not very practical when the curtains will be drawn daily across the grubby door mat. Later in the afternoon I began pinning up the hem so that the curtains don't touch the floor but I might wait until we try out some sort of supporting bracket above the radiator.
Once again the language class was hard work. Today was all about I want/don't want and Do you want? And the words for Yes and No vary depending on what the question was and at least one of the options also changes depending if the subject is singular or plural and maybe even masculine or feminine but I'm not sure about that.
It was only much later in the afternoon that I remembered the washing out on the line. Gosh it was pitch black out in the back garden. Out on the street side of the house there is a street lamp outside my study, another by the terrace and one on the cliff at the bottom of the garden so I wasn't expecting the utter darkness in the back garden. Luckily I have a decent head torch so I was able to see to walk down the garden. It might be worth putting in an extrnal light on the back of the garage wall when we have the light and sockets put in the garage.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sound very hard learning another language.