Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 November 2021

'Flu Jab.

Icy cold winds and frequent showers today.
This morning Peter and I hung up the kilim on the wall of his study using a copper pipe resting between two ordinary coat hooks. This invoved a bit more work than Peter had anticipated as I looked at the positioning of his desk and suggested moving it over a bit and putting a small coffee table that was supporting his printer on the other side. I have to be very tactful because Peter gets cross when I mention his habit of randomly piling things on top of each other isn't the best way to get the maximum amount of space when you have a lot of stuff. In the end, after much muttering and huffing and puffing he agreed that I may have been right. 
I needed to collect my prescription from the pharmacy so when one lot of showers had passed I headed out via the beach. The wind blowing down from the north was icily cold.
As I walked along the beach I saw a rainbow in the distance. That was good in terms of a photo opportunity but not so good as a sign of the next shower coming my way. I got to the pharmacy as some rain fell and luckily there was no-one inside and I could go straight in. (Only one person allowed in at a time 'cos of covid.) While I stood there waiting for the girl to get my medicines I saw a notice mentioning that you could get your 'flu jab in the pharmacy. I asked and yes, it was free and I could have one straight away. So I did. Our surgery is running 'flu jab sessions but you have to wait to be called and getting the jab at the pharmacy helps ease the pressure on the surgery. I've got a few weeks to go before I can book my covid booster in town. 
The clocks went back yesterday giving us an extra hour in bed but Speedy is not impressed with his supper time being an hour late so I'm easing him into it a quarter of an hour later each day. Mind you, Speedy thinks it's supper time as soon as he wakes up from his daytime nap on the sofa. 
 

No comments: