Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 November 2021

Damp.

A lot of sea mist today with low cloud that made for a damp day though there were tantalising patches of sunshine at times 
As we ate breakfast we watched five college youngsters (16/17 yrs) filming an interview with a local resident out on the cliff. Something new to watch every day.
Then we put up the sword in the inner hall. It may have only been a small job but if we do one thing each day we will get there eventually. After that I went out to do some grubbing about in the garden, clearing soil from the tree and sawing out several small roots and one large one as thick as my arm. Not wishing to ruin our good wood saw I used an old saw which wasn't the most efficient method. I have a feeling we gave away our bow saws. They'd been very useful when we lived in the country but I didn't think I would need them here. Peter is going to the builders' merchant tomorrow and will get me a small bow saw so I can keep cutting away those roots.
I had time for a piano practice before making a start on another tassel and that has been my day.

 

No comments: