Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 November 2021

Mostly Grey.

A mostly grey day with one sunny spell that had me filling the washing machine and taking a few photos of the pretty blue sky. I still hung the washing out for a while where the wind helped to get it part dried.
While Peter went off to town to the builders' merchants I used his PC to type up our Christmas letter. That mainly consisted of listing the work we've had done by our errant builders and the work we've done ourselves. We have come a long way since last year but there's still a fair bit left to do. I had two hiccups as I typed, first the words kept disappearing when I inserted text and then I found that Peter's delete key kept sticking with even more loss of text. The first problem was solved by pressing the 'insert' key ( Mr Google told me this) and after repeated undos I used the back space key to delete and left the sticky key alone.
When Peter returned with my super sharp bow saw I went out to work on the tree trunk. It was so much easier to cut through the roots, the hard part was stretching to clear the soil away to make room for the saw. It was only as for the nth time I moved the soil from one side of the tree to another that I realised it would make things a lot easier if I dug away the soil and took it down to the dumpy bag in the front garden, It was going to go in the front garden anyway and it will make working on the tree much easier. I only took four buckets down today as my back was already sore but if I do a bit at a time it will get done eventually.
My final job of the day was to do some ironing and put the rest of the washing on the ceiling airer.


 

No comments: