Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 November 2021

Chilly.

Quite cold today. Dry in the morning and wet in the afternoon.
We went for a short walk up to the Memorial before breakfast. It's not far but the steep hill gives me an excellent workout, gets the heart pounding which as I haven't been able to do my daily exercises (anything to do with core strength sets off my rib inflammation) is very satisfying. Today I made it all the way to the top without stopping. There the rewards are the amazing views and the easy downhill walk home.
As we surveyed the remaining snow on the mountains the air was filled with the shrieks of a group of swimmers down below. Not surprising as they were in the water without wetsuits. I believe the advice is 1 minute per degree C. It wasn't long before they were out of the water and running for their towels. The large grey building on the right is the Community Hall which was built after the original Memorial Hall burnt down in 1993. Utilitarian from the outside it holds a sports hall and stage and has playing fields and a small children's playground behind it.
Breakfast was all the nicer for the walk. Afterwards I did my music practice, guitar as well today. Then after hanging out some washing, just a couple of fleeces, on the line I wrapped up and did some more cutting back of the montbretia in the front garden before the rain had me rushing to rescue the washing. Being outside helps to lift my mood as I've felt a bit off today. Even though it was years ago it only takes a dream to remind me of the stress I was put under at work which amounted to bullying by my boss and coterie ( I was just one of a number of victims) and resulted in the loss of my part-time work. That was so long ago and my life now is good but every now and again it gets to me. Ah well, Strictly to look forward to after supper and I might treat myself to some Bailey's. (Ginger biscuits go really well with Bailey's.)
I finished off the afternoon with my Welsh homework and a bit more felting and now I have a red sphere. Time to check out my photo folder of craft ideas for inspiration.


 

No comments: