Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Wet.

Everything looked quite wet this morning so my first reaction was to abandon my walk up the hill as the path would be slippery. However I knew that would make me feel as if I had failed in my self-imposed challenge and as it wasn't actually raining I went anyway. Later in the day the clouds dropped even lower putting a light drizzle in the air.
It was much warmer today and the walk up the hill was quite enjoyable. Not a lot to see but I did find these mushrooms growing in the grass.
Today was a busy shopping day for me. First stop was the dump where I got rid of plenty of garden rubbish and a few other bits. Next was the builders' merchants next to the dump to see if they had some wooden long poles. They didn't but sent me up to Travis Perkins round the back of the industrial estate who also didn't have the wood I needed but at least I now know where they are. Going back through the industrial estate I had to smile when I saw 3 black and 1 white sheep grazing on a grass verge. They obviously fancied a holiday from their field. As I went past the second time a chap who looked like a farmer, was looking at them from his car.
Then I drove over to Morrisons and did an extra large shop so that we shouldn't need much between now and Christmas. I got a few reductions for Peter, mainly Indian snacks plus some Cumberland sausages. Food bought I headed into town to park in the Matalan carpark where you get 3 hours free parking. That gave me time to visit the small shops after I dropped off a bag of clothing at the Salvation Army charity shop. I bought some books on Welsh history for Peter at Waterstones and was very pleased to find that I could understand parts of the conversation (in Welsh) between another customer and the shop assistant. Even a few whole sentences, wow. A short drive round to Lidl next where I bought more food and resisted all the lovely Christmas goodies which would be no good for my diet. My last stop was another builders' merchants which had the wooden poles I needed. For some reason the chap knocked a couple of quid off each pole. Don't know why but I'll take any savings. Oh and when I was in town I went into a fancy porcelin tile place where I was drawn to the extra large tiles, some over a metre wide. I was wondering about using them for the splashback in the kitchen. A couple of problems though, first holes would have to be cut for the electric sockets, they are very expensive and they aren't sold in ones. I still think glass is what I want.





 

No comments: