Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 November 2021

Sunny Spells.

A day of light showers with brighter moments between.
After a good night's sleep I was made even happier when I got on the scales for my daily weighing (it works for me) and found that I'd lost a stone in my current bid to lose the weight gained from all the pain-relief calories and general overeating of the past couple of years. I still need to lose more especially as I plan to ease up over Christmas before getting back on the diet.
It looked like we were in for a bright spell after breakfast so I headed off to the beach and shop to buy croissants. No sooner had I got on to the beach than it began to rain which had me going straight to the shop where shock horror! there were no croissants or even crumpets or tea cakes. I bought a loaf of bread and some marmalade and we'll have to do without croissants tomorrow. By the time I left the shop the rain had eased off  tempting me to head off along the beach again. On the way back I walked up on to the shingle to look for more driftwood for the Christmas tree. Where the sand and stones had been thrown over the deep layer of seaweed it looked like normal beach but was weirdly bouncy to walk on.
That's the glove we found the other day.
When I got home Peter was getting ready to go out rowing. With the sea conditions looking doubtful the cox had phoned him up as Peter is the only one with a view of the sea. First it was decided to cancel the row then because it was too late that decision was reversed as all the rowers today were experienced. They ended up going out and I saw them heading right out to sea. Later I watched them approaching the beach at great speed. What I didn't see was the final landing on the sandy beach. They were hit by three strong waves the second of which knocked one of the rowers into the bottom of the boat which was full of water and the third knocked the cox right out of the boat. He wasn't hurt but ended up sitting up to his chest in the sea. This was on top of them all getting very wet during the row. Naturally this called for a reviving drink at the pub, I think they left a few puddles there.
(Below.) The washed up remains of a home-made lobster pot.
Meanwhile I was excited to recieve the the new cable for my camera only to find it was a poor fit and there was no connection. I've put in a complaint and had to go through the rigmarole of jiggling the old lead until I was able to upload my photos.
My afternoon was spent sorting out Christmas cards, As well as writing out the cards I needed to check that I wasn't sending people the same cards as last year. When I've worked my way through my stash of cards I may start making my cards but that won't be for a year or two.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. Seems harder to keep it off as we get older, at least it is for me. :)