Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 November 2021

Cold and Bright.

Bright and chilly today.
My plan for the morning was to go up into the loft and bring down the cat carrier before phoning the vet to make an appointment for Speedy's annual vaccination against cat 'flu, leukemia and pan something. However when I got up in the loft I was shocked to find water, not a lot, dripping from the underside of the front facing part of the roof onto the boxes below. Down I went to inform Peter of this disaster suggesting he ring the builder asap and hoping there's enough money left for new roofing. After a couple of deep breaths Peter worked out that the moisture on the roof felt was condesation probably due to the new insulation blocking off the ventialtion vents. Peter did phone the builder and he's coming round tomorrow (I hope). For the time being I covered everything up in the loft with a builders' tarp, plastic sheeting and an old oil cloth type of tablecloth. Thank goodness for my habit of keeping useful stuff.
While I was doing that Peter went down to the pharmacy to collect his prescription and get his 'flu jab. On his return I used his phone (our house phone which is with Sky works out very expensive to use) to phone the vet only to discover that due to a shortage of the vaccine they aren't doing boosters for adult cats at the moment and I should ring again at the end of the year. I'm not too concerned as there aren't stray cats here for Speedy to come in contact with. Also we've no plans to go away for any length of time with Speedy needing to go to a cattery which would require him to be up to date with vaccinations.
Being Thursday we had our Welsh class. Hard work on the brain though we had a few laughs as well as we practised asking each other 'Do you like ........ ?' and responding. When we were practising the sentences I had to say 'I like cake but I don't like chocolate.' which is so untrue.
After our Zoom class I went out to the back garden, denailed some useful very long planks we'd saved, bashed a hole in the concrete and had some daydreaming time.
Speedy fed and let out the back door I went to the kitchen to prepare supper. Seeing a feline face at the door I went to let Speedy in only to realise that this was a little ginger kitty. I gently opened the door and the young cat came over and had to be stopped from running into the kitchen. Very pretty, probably a male (though Squeaky was a female ginger) and about six months old. Somebody's new pet I guess.

A friend just posted the above notice. I presume it also applies to peacocks and guinea fowl so back in the pens they'll have to go.

No more sunning wherever they please for the peacocks and the turkeys will have to be moved to a fully enclosed pen. At least at the moment there are plenty of spare pens.

 

No comments: