Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 November 2021

Cold.

Bright and sunny today with a very cold wind. I went to put some stuff in the washing machine and discovered that what I thought was a bottle of washing liquid was in fact an anti-bacterial additive. That wasn't too bad as I was about to wash some fabric that was a bit musty but I did need soap for the next wash. I put my 10 yard length of heavy duty white cotton fabric in the machine with the last of the washing soap and went down to the shop via the beach. 
It was bitterly cold in the shade but most invigorating once in the sun. Only one surfer in the water, there wasn't really any surf, and a few dog walkers out on the beach.
At the far end of my walk a chap was working on the wooden beams which had settled on top of the rocks. He had a big car wrench and a metal bar and was working on undoing the giant bolts that hold the beams together. I had a chat with him and he said he hoped to use them for building a veranda. Meanwhile his two children, both well wrapped up, sat on his quad bike up on the sand.
More of those home made lobster pots and a whole mess of rope. Far too much for me to drag up to the bins. Behind me, on either side, were the bodies of two seals which was sad to see.
Back home I hung up the washed fabric which took up almost the whole length of the washing line. I don't have a use for it at the moment but it comes under the heading of 'Useful Stuff'. For some reason I kept thinking it would be perfect for making protest banners. I don't know why as I've only been on one protest march and that was over 30 years ago.
Then I got to work clearing the soil away from the roots of the tree trunk and taking it down to the front garden. Now I can dig away more of the soil and cut the big root on the left. I finished off my afternoon by ironing the fabric, hanging up one more picture in the hall and unwrapping a couple of others. 

 

No comments: