Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Chilly.

Crisp and dry today but somewhat on the chilly side. For the first time this autumn all the windows of my little car were iced over in the morning. After the usual morning jobs I took myself outside to carry on cutting back the honeysuckle and roses growing up the front of the house. There is a wisteria mixed up in them as well but I tried not to cut that as I know it needs special pruning rather than my usual cutting back everything I can reach from the top of the ladder. Although I had a coat on and gardening gloves the rose still got me and I am sporting a long scratch across my chin. But having achieved the dream of living in a country farmhouse how could I not have roses and honeysuckle over the front door. 
It was my afternoon to work with the reception children. Today I worked with a group to make up actions to help them retell the story 'Handa's Surprise.'  After school we had the second session of our Safe Handling course. A lot of it was the same as Team Teach that we did a few years ago but it was good to have a refresher. We practised on each other but it wasn't so clear how we would use these techniques on a child as small as some of ours ie about 3ft high. Also it was made clear that we needed 2 adults with the child and we struggle to find one adult for each child that needs extra support. The session finished after 5.00 so it was pitch black coming home.
I got all excited when I saw the postman had left me a small parcel. Then my excitement faded when I realised it was the worming drops for the cats that I ordered 2 days ago. 2 cats done and 2 to go. At least they are a lot easier than trying to force tablets down the cats' throats.

No comments: