Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Chilly.

The sun was shining so it was lovely to be working outside this morning. It was quite cold with an icy wind blowing down from the north. Not to mention the hail that kept falling from big black clouds. Some rumbling inside one clouds sent me rushing indoors. Not for my own safety but to unplug the internet in case of a power surge.
My first job this morning was to cut back all of this year's growth from the 2 willow trees in the hen run. They must not have liked the long hot summer as one tree only had 12" shoots and the other averaged about 3ft when every other year the growth has been 6-8ft. It made my job easier. Then I cleared the big pile of leaves and hoed the veg plot. 3 jobs done in one morning. Very satisfying. Off to school for another afternoon of clay, hay and glue. I'm getting organised with these activities and though I didn't have any help everyone completed their jobs and the class was almost tidy by home time.
I came straight home and really enjoyed the evening sky which was filled with grey & lavender clouds tinged with pink and orange. 

I was in such a good mood when I got home that I hoovered the kitchen (black mat & ginger cat are not a good combination) and then went on to hoover all the upstairs too.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It's good that you took advantage of that good mood and got that chore done. : )