Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 November 2013

Sunny.

It's been a lovely day today. Weather wise and in general. First I had a chat with Vytas on Skype though for some reason he couldn't see me though I could see him. (our connection gets even slower when we've had wet weather.) I've just checked and my web cam is working at this end. He and Sally had spent the day caving followed by a barbecue with friends. It's so good being able to chat. Then it was time for us to go to the Baptism of a friend's twins.
I didn't get a picture of the twins in their family heirloom long christening gowns (and no one has put them up on FB yet), but I did take a few pictures of the church interior. It is a pleasant modern building, wider than deeper with an impressive stained glass window over the altar.
After the Baptism Service we all drove out to a village hall in the countryside for the reception. It was a nice modern village hall with a cosy central room that still had space for a bouncy castle. 
There were quite a few of us from school as well as some past colleagues.  Here we were eagerly waiting the call to come and help ourselves from the buffet in the next room. I declared myself 'off diet' for the occasion and indulged in sandwiches, a slice of quiche and some coleslaw. 
Our ex-Headteacher had made 2 cakes for the occasion as well as cup cakes with printed rice paper giving the date and the twins' names. Our group left before the official cake cutting but I had a cup cake with buttercream icing, mmm.
View from Lovacott Village hall. 
One last butterfly in the kitchen.
Back home there was still enough daylight for me to finish cutting back the sedums in the scree garden as well as all the various crocosmia and go on to cutting another bed of sedums. Now there is the slow job of clearing all the leaves, moss and weeds from the scree garden. Maybe I'll get all the autumn jobs done by Christmas!

No comments: